Love chocolate? Me too! Being diabetic and lactose-intolerant, I tend to stay away from desserts sometimes. This recipe has NO sugar added and NO dairy!
What you’ll need:
2 ripe, medium-sized avocados
5 dates – seeds removed and chopped coarsely
1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
1/3 raw cacao powder (or more to taste)
1 teaspoon of natural vanilla extract (optional)
a pinch of sea salt
Optional: dried coconut, berries
1. Soak the dates in almond/coconut milk in a bowl for 15 minutes to soften.
2. Add half the cacao powder to the milk with the dates. Mix.
3. Blend avocado and the remaining milk.
4. Add mixture with dates, milk and cocoa powder to the blender.
5. Blend until smooth.
6. Add more milk if needed to make blending easier. Add cacao powder to taste.
7. Place in refrigerator for 30-45 minutes. Serve chilled.
Garnish with mint, berries, dark chocolate, or coconut! Enjoy!