If you know me, there are two things that I can eat endlessly – soups and seafood. I love soups because not only are they delicious, but filling and healthy when made right. Great for the digestive system might I add. When ‘cleansing’ I will have it as my lunch or dinner – a very simple soup intermixed with fresh juices using fruits and veggies with a low glycemic index. Check it out!
1.5lbs Broccoli – fresh or frozen.
1.5 Carrots chopped. Or 12-15 baby carrots chopped.
3T Flour – we usually use coconut or wheat.
1/2 cup Almond/Coconut Milk.
1/8t Cayenne Pepper
1/4 cup Fresh Cilantro
5 cups Chicken Stock. (Use low/no sodium stock!)
Cilantro for a garnish
Croutons for a crunchy topping
Feta cheese for extra salt and a cheesey flavor
Cheddar if you’re not lactose intolerant like us!
1/2C White wine
1. Melt butter in a medium-large pot over med-high heat.
2. Add broccoli, onion, carrot, chicken stock, cayenne, salt, pepper.
3. Saute for about 8 minutes. If you are using frozen broccoli, your time will double.
4. Add flour until there are no clumps in sight!
5. Bring to a boil and then simmer (still uncovered) for about 18 minutes.
6. Pour in milk or cream of choice. (If you love cilantro, add before you puree.)
7. With an immersion blender, puree soup until you reach the consistency desired.
8. Add extra veggies you would like to keep whole at this point.
9. Stir for another two minutes.
10. Serve with topping/garnish of choice.