For those that have apricot trees, I’m sure there are so many that you don’t know what to do with them!
We recently acquired some from my future in-laws, and as they were sitting in our fridge, I was trying to figure out what exactly to do with all of these yummy fruits…
Of course, my go-to is butter. Who doesn’t love to spread fresh homemade fruit butter onto your toast, pancakes, muffins, waffles, oatmeal or on top of some ice cream! Yum!
Here is the recipe, it is quite simple!
40-50 small apricots
1 cup organic raw sugar
1.5 cups coconut sugar
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon allspice
1 dash ground cloves
1.5 teaspoon lemon juice or apple cider vinegar
1. Rinse apricots!
2. Cut apricots into halves or thirds, remove pits and place into slow cooker.
3. Add all sugar, spices and lemon juice and stir it in!
4. Keep stirring until all sugar is mixed in.
5. Turn slow cooker on low for 8hrs.
6. Once finished, use an emulsifier to blend contents.
7. Take the top off, turn off slow cooker and let it cool for an hour or until room temperature. This will help thicken the consistency.
8. Can, and enjoy as desired!