More fun stuff I’ve learned, realized etc. in motherhood. 😃
38. Starting solid foods does not mean that your baby will sleep better at night.
39. Being female, and having a boy as your first, there are many things that raise questions. Such as, him exploring his parts!
40. Even when their babies start sleeping through the night or sleeping longer stretches, you still will wake up! Is he breathing? Is the room too hot? Is the room too cold? You will still wake up.
41. Nap training is FAR worse than bedtime sleep training. Especially if you have a baby that doesn’t want to miss out on anything! And has major FOMO!
42. Transitioning to something new is absolutely awful. I’m sure it is relative but in my experience it is not so fun. It is always a difficult task abandoning something that works and guarantees you success…for something totally new and not seeing any results for days if not weeks! It’s rough.
43. You may be tempted to have a glass of wine or a beer at 11am some days.
44. Babies are smart. They understand more than you think.
45. Watching your baby learn how to mimic, talk, roll over is the most awesome thing ever.
46. Seeing your baby’s soft spot pulse is really creepy.
47. Once you start solids, the poop 💩 becomes quite colorful and fragrant.
48. Remind yourself to drink water and eat. Better yet, set a timer on your phone.
49. It’s kind of amazing how much gas babies have.
50. People will keep telling you “It’s going to get better/easier!” But really, it just gets difficult in different ways than before. Not necessarily easier. You have different battles to fight at every stage.
51. You will make the weirdest noises and faces to get your baby to laugh.
52. Going out to eat with a baby that doesn’t like to sit still (stroller, high chair, carrier) is not fun. It’s kind of like a Chinese fire drill. One person eats while the other is walking around with the baby. Then switch. Not worth it. Lesson learned.
53. You’re going to constantly guess what’s going on with your baby… it’s difficult to tell what’s bothering them a lot of the time! Until he or she learns to talk.
54. Borrow baby items before buying – swings, etc. it’s quite possible your baby will hate it and so will you after spending $100+ on it!!
55. Baby snuggles are the best thing ever. They never get old. Snuggle as much as you can while you can!
56. Everyone is losing their shit. You’re not alone.
57. A baby that’s teething while nursing can chomp down on you and it’s bloody awful.
58. Sleep train when you’re ready and when baby is ready. You’ll just know when to do it. We waited until he was 6mos and had his reflux under control and his stomach issues more settled. If we were to do it when he had those issues unresolved, we all would have been miserable.
59. Teething isn’t fun for anyone. We all knew this. I just had to reiterate.
60. I have to say this again… things change CONSTANTLY! And everyone always says once you get something down, babies will switch it up on you! This is true… or just throw you constant curve balls.
61. Looking back at Gavin’s photos… it’s INSANE how much they change in only ONE month. Their looks, personality, sounds, poops…. haha.
I think I’ll leave it at that for now… until next time, thank you for reading! 😉