Recently, muffin making has been a ‘thing’ in our household. I usually make a ton so my husband can take them to work during the week. I put whatever I can find in them from zucchini to carrots to apple to banana… With chia seeds and oatmeal too!
I’ve never been a huge baker but I figured I should have some go-to recipes like these. Ready for the fail-safe recipe?
Ingredients (these are the ones I use):
3 cups of organic flour
1 cup of organic sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
1.5 cups of yogurt
3 eggs (2 whole, 1 egg white)
1 stick of butter (8 tablespoons)
Additional items based on preference:
2 tablespoons of chia seeds, 1/2 cup of old fashioned oats, 1/2 cup chocolate chips, 1/2 cup chopped or grated veggies or fruit of choice, 3 tablespoons of peanut/almond/cashew butter and the list goes on!
Feel free to substitute coconut oil instead of butter as well 🙂
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix all dry ingredients together.
3. Slightly melt butter.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk all wet ingredients together.
5. Fold in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients gently. Be sure to not over mix!
6. Add additional ingredients of choice.
7. Spray the heck out of your muffin tin! No lining needed.
8. Fill your muffin tin with scoops of the mixture until it is filled to the top.
9. Bake for 25-27 minutes. Use a toothpick to see if it’s done! Cooking time may vary depending on the type of ingredients you choose.
10. Take out of the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.