The Instant Pot is a ridiculously amazing little contraption that is a TOTAL game changer for everyone!
Don’t have time to cook?
Trying to eat in more?
Want to become a better cook?
Want to cut down on your appliances?
I could go on… but this thing is magical. It does pretty much everything except BBQ and smoke. Granted, you have to still do the prep work. However, your cooking time is cut down a TON and the fact that you can throw everything in this thing and set it and forget it? Every busy/lazy/foodie person’s dream!
So check it out if you haven’t. It makes perfect rice, rice porridge, stews, yogurt, ribs, cheesecake, dulce de leche, banana bread, one pot Meals, pastas etc. you get the idea!
Here are a couple dishes I’ve made…
Rice porridge with ham hocks. Because I have a cold and this is a total comfort food!
Beef stew. Made in under an hour!
We recently acquired quite a few peaches from Tom’s dad’s house. Of course I had a lot of ideas of what I could make but unfortunately time doesn’t allow for that many!
My first thought was a peach sauce or jam. I think I shall call it saucy peaches.
It is one of those, throw it together, set it and forget it kind of recipes! Here’s the deal!
We had 15-20 small, ripe peaches.
Use 8-10 med-large peaches if you’d like as well.
3T of local honey (you can use more depending on the level of your sweet tooth)
Dash of nutmeg
Dash of cloves
2t Apple Cider Vinegar
1. Rinse then cut into small cubes WITH the skin on. Gotta love that fiber!
2. Add to crock pot.
3. Add all other ingredients to pot.
4. Stir to get those spices soaking into the peaches.
5. Set on low for 8hrs. (I like to do this at night so I can wake up to the wonderful smell in the morning!)
6. With a potato masher, mash peaches to the consistency of your liking. You can also use an emulsifier if you’d like also.
7. If you like it sweeter, add more honey!
8. Nom nom. Can it!
I’ve put this into my oatmeal, yogurt, cereal, on top of ice cream, bread, have used it for baking and added it to sauces.