If you’re like me, and LOVE salty, crunchy delicious snacks, then this is the snack for you. Often times I have difficulty finding the right snack that doesn’t overload your body with salt, fat, grease, or carbohydrates.
This recipe is for Oven Roasted Chickpeas.
Carbohydrates: 18 per 1/2 uncooked beans
It is easy, and addicting once you make it!
Here’s what ingredients you’ll need:
-2 Cans of Garbanzo Beans. I usually use the Whole Foods 365 Organic, no salt added ones.
-2 Tablespoons of Olive/Avocado/Coconut Oil (Or whatever kind you prefer)
-Sea Salt (to taste)
-Any additional seasonings you love such as seasoned salt, ground herbs, cajun seasoning, cayenne pepper etc.
Here’s what kitchen tools you’ll need:
-Bowl large enough to fit the beans
Here’s how to make it:
2. Open your cans of beans and put directly into strainer.
3. Rinse those bad boys thoroughly with some warm water.
4. Line the cookie sheet with paper towels.
5. Empty beans from strainer to the lined cookie sheet.
6. Take a paper towel or two and cover the beans. Gently press and roll your hand over the beans making sure to press lightly.
7. You’ll then see the skin of the beans come off which is what we want! Keep rolling the papertowel over the beans so that more of the skins come loose. Remove any skins that come off.
8. Take those beans and transfer them into a bowl. Discard the paper towels.
9. Add the oil of your choice to the beans and stir gently with the spoon.
10. Place back onto cookie sheet. Make sure that they are spread out across the cookie sheet.
11. Bake for 40 minutes or until desired crunchiness. We like ours crunchy so we usually put it in for about 40-45 minutes. Once while the beans are baking, take the cookie sheet and shake it slightly to make sure they aren’t sticking to the sheet.
12. Once they are crispy to your liking, remove the beans and put them into a bowl. Add sea salt or any other seasonings. Let them sit for about 5-8 minutes if you can and enjoy!